Quiz: Fill In The "Five W" Blanks
Difficulty Level: ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
Fill in the blanks with the correct Interrogative pronoun. You choices include: who, what, when, where, why, how, and which.
- 1.) Have you two decided _____ you will go for your honeymoon?
- 2.) Excuse me, _____ much do I have to purchase to receive a bulk discount?
- 3.) _____ is the best method to book an all-inclusive trip to Japan?
- 4.) _____ didn't you attend the company party last weekend? The catering was fantastic!
- 5.) ______ one of your cousins is tying the knot?
- 6.) I'm starving. _____ did you have in mind for dinner?
- 7.) I was worried sick. ____ didn't you call to let me know you were alright?
- 8.) _____ are you liking your new job?
- 9.) _____ color sweater should I buy for Dan?
- 10.) ______ restaurant did you go to for dinner last night?
- 11.) _____ long was the drive to Seoul and _____ drove?
- 12.) ____ should we buy her for her birthday? And ___ much are you willing to spend?
- 13.) _____ will be attending the 6:00pm conference?
- 14.) _____ will the conference be held?
- 15.) _____ one of you ate my cake?
- 16.) _____ ate my cake?
- 17.) I need to purchase a new computer but I am not sure ______ to buy one or ____ kind of computer specifications I need.
- 18.) _____ would you describe your work ethic?
- 19.) Excuse me, can you help me I'm lost. _____ way to the bus station?
- 20.) Thank you for completing the quiz. ____ about we start another lesson?
Match the words from column 1 with the best-suited answer from column 2.
||a.) including everything
||c.) getting married
||d.) newlywed vacation
|5.) tying the knot
||e.) a large amount / wholesale
||f.) provide food service at a remote site
||g.) how someone works
||h.) precise description
- honeymoon: A romantic vacation for newlyweds. "We spent our honeymoon in Paris. It was splendid."
- bulk: When you buy something in large amounts. "The manager buys all of the restaurant supplies in bulk to lower costs."
- all-inclusive: When everything is included in the price. "The all-inclusive trip to Paris includes flight, hotel, food, and drinks."
- catering: A company that provides food and drinks for special events like weddings or exhibitions. "The catering at Dan's wedding was fabulous. The food was fresh and delicious."
- "tying the knot": Slang for getting married. "We will tie the knot this Spring."
- conference: A large scale meeting. "The conference has been postponed until later this month due to unforeseen circumstances."
- specifications: A detailed list describing the components. "I have to purchase a computer with high specifications."
- work-ethic: Someone who works hard and is dependable. "Even though he is inexperienced I would hire him. I know from his past employer that he has a good work ethic."
Daily Expressions, Phrasal Verbs & Idioms:
1.) "turn of events": This means the situation has changed. It is also usually associated with a negative change.
The wedding has been cancelled due to a turn of events.